We have been awarded a number of Gumnut Awards, which highlight our commitment to sustainable environmental and socially responsible management.
This awards program is an exciting environmental initiative administered by the Caravan and Camping Industry Association of NSW (CCIA) and requires us to reach a set benchmark criteria of different levels for a bronze, silver or gold award. Our parks have received the following awards:
- North Coast Holiday Parks Ferry Reserve
- North Coast Holiday Parks Terrace Reserve
- North Coast Holiday Parks Red Rock
- North Coast Holiday Parks Corindi Beach
- North Coast Holiday Parks Moonee Beach
- North Coast Holiday Parks North Beach
- North Coast Holiday Parks Nambucca Headland
- North Coast Holiday Parks Scotts Head
- North Coast Holiday Parks Tuncurry Beach
- North Coast Holiday Parks Forster Beach
- North Coast Holiday Parks Seal Rocks
- North Coast Holiday Parks Hawks Nest
- North Coast Holiday Parks Silver Sands
- North Coast Holiday Parks Beachfront
- North Coast Holiday Parks Jimmy's Beach
- North Coast Holiday Parks Massey Greene
- North Coast Holiday Parks Shaws Bay
- North Coast Holiday Parks Ballina Central
- North Coast Holiday Parks Urunga Heads
Environmental Excellence Award
for Holiday Parks Winner 2011
We were very pleased to be awarded the prestigious Environmental Excellence Award from the CCIA to our North Coast Holiday Parks Clarkes Beach in 2011.
The environmental factors in the development at the holiday park included removal of exotic species from the land and undertaking rehabilitative planting, using Australian made or renewable resources for building materials, insulation in roofs and walls of additional cabins, ecological design of cabins to promote ventilation and to minimise power and water usage, as well as maximising natural lighting, heating and cooling.
Judges were exceedingly impressed with North Coast Holiday Parks Clarkes Beach and the way that the park has taken passive design to a new level.
Eco-friendly star Accreditation
We have also been presented with the Eco-friendly star accreditation from AAA for our North Coast Holiday Parks Clarkes Beach. This award was developed by AAA Tourism in partnership with Earthcheck, the World’s leading environmental management and certification program for the tourism industry.
This award rewards our commitment to simple environmental best practice at the park, having achieved a set criteria under the areas of :-
- energy efficiency
- waste minimisation & management
- water minimisation
- guest education
Accredited Tourism Business Australia
All of our parks have met specific criteria ensuring that we are committed to exceeding expectations with great customer service and the highest standards of business practice. All businesses accredited through the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program meet the Australian Tourism Accreditation Standard which ensures:
- accuracy in advertising
- environmental practices
- adherence to a Code of Ethics
Australia's Top 10 eco parks
North Coast Holiday Parks Clarkes Beach has been voted as one of Australia's Top 10 Eco parks for 2011 by the readers of Holiday with Kids magazine.
These awards invite readers to vote for the best Holiday Parks they’ve encountered, and to rank their nomination on categories including activities and facilities for kids, childcare and babysitting services, staff hospitality, standard of accommodation, location, accessibility, safety, fun for the entire family, value for money and overall experience. In this way we could find not only the most popular holiday operators but also those of the highest quality.
Nominations came from a vast readership of over 600,000 parents and our 61,000 online members.
2013 North Coast Award Finalist
North Coast Holiday Parks was a finalist in the North Coast Awards in the category of Eco Tourism.
The North Coast Awards are very prestigious accolades awarded within the very competitive field of North Coast Tourism. To be a finalist is a great honour and motivation to better our selves further to take out the top prize next year.